শুক্রবার, ৬ এপ্রিল, ২০১২

Why Are Propecia Users Concerned About Proscar and Prostate ...

Hi there. Once again thanks for maintaining this excellent resource for info on hair loss. I?m a regular visitor to the blog and I?ve been following the news and updates about prostate cancer risk and finasteride usage with interest. I?m 28 and have been taking 1/4 proscar tablet to treat MPB for nearly 4 years now. The drug has worked well to stabilise my hair loss.

I just wondered if I could summarise what we actually do and don?t know about the risk factor of taking the 1mg (or 1.25mg) finasteride dosage for treatment of hair loss (at this moment in time).

As far as I can make out, after reading all the relevant entries in the blog, there doesn?t actually appear to be any specific evidence yet which states that taking the lower dose poses a prostate cancer risk. Do please correct me if I am wrong, but is there really any need to get concerned when all the studies are relating to the 5mg dosage?

What we could do with is an actual study focusing just on the use of propecia or 1/4 proscar tablet usage over a pro-longed period?

That said, I believe that as a patient who has elected to take a form of medication, it is sensible to keep updated about the possible developments (both positive and negative) - the news entries in this blog are most welcome.

I tend to agree with your assessment. There are no studies on Propecia or finasteride 1mg or 1.25mg that relates to prostate cancer risk that I?ve found. Even the studies on Proscar or finasteride 5mg is equivocal on the risk of prostate cancer. Moreover, there is evidence of LOWERING cancer risk for prostate as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

gabby gabby marcel the shell with shoes on ecu john wooden tanuki mirror mirror trailer

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন